Embrace (piano version)

Well, Isabelle and I have been self isolating for the past month as most of the world seems to have been, and to keep ourselves feeling good we've maintained our rehearsals and writing sessions. In the course of having a month to ourselves I figured I should attempt to tune up the old Baldwin upright piano that I inherited from dearly missed friend Todd Simko many years ago. As I went about tuning the piano it occurred to me that we should revisit some of our early material again. This song, Embrace, was a favorite of ours from the debut Combine the Victorious album The World Over. The album version, which came out in 2007, is a much bigger production with a full band accompaniment and a rather epic crescendo at the peak of the song. We opted for a simpler and more direct approach with this video, something that could be pulled off with only a single piano and our vocals.

Last night we set up a camera, a microphone and a light and tried our hand at this song again. It took us a few takes but we found it again and I think the results are quite pleasing!

Thanks for checking it out!

Mark (and Isabelle)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Shows, video news, EP

New video! "Rushes Over Me"

New today "I Really Like Your Style"